Eco friendly composite side gate, the York. Constructed from 60% bamboo (FSC® 100% Certified) and 40% recycled High Density Polyethylene, environmentally gentle bonding agent, additives and tint. Saving these materials from landfill, giving them value and recycling them into a long life product, provides a harmonious solution to sustainable living all set within a deep metal frame using UK steel to produce an extremely durable and low maintenance gate. If you would like to order a free sample set of our composite cladding, please see here.
Not only are composite side gates better for the environment, you'll never have to worry about staining or treating it ever again...just simply hose the gate down!
Included with the Gate:
- Longlife powder coated frame (in black - optional extra to colour match with the cladding)
- Locinox lock and handle, wall pins and hinges
Benefits of Composite Gates:
Composite Cladding Options:
Four options available as standard. Stone grey, Oak, Granite and Walnut.
Frame Colour Choice: (optional extra - black frame as standard)
*Please note: Frames will not be an exact match to cladding. Please expect several shades different between cladding colour and frame.
- Width: from 2ft to 4ft 6"
- Height: from 5ft to 6ft 6"- taken to the highest point of the gate.
- Made to Measure - all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others - there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!).
Please note if buying our 40mm x 40mm posts you will need to retro fit them. You will need a disc cutter to cut the post to your correct required height and you will also need to drill holes through the post using metal drill bits to enable you to bolt the posts back to the wall. Posts will include hanging pins for the gate and lazer cut out for the lock to sit into.
Calculating Side Gate Size:
- Take three measurements between existing posts/ pillars - top, middle and bottom (as below).
Option 1: Gate hanging on the rear of posts/ pillars. Main advantage of this set up is the reduced gap that is visible between the gate edge and post.
To calculate gate width: Take the lowest measurement and reduce by 50mm (2")
- Take the smallest of the three widths and reduce as follows: (depending on gate set up)
Option 2: Gate mounted between existing posts/ pillars.
To calculate gate width:
Take the lowest measurement and reduce by 100mm (4").
For further information, please call our sales team direct on 0800 6124 965
If fitting your gate with our 40mm x 40mm metal posts it is advisable to fit the hanging post first so the gate is in its correct position off the floor. Once this is done you can marry up the keep post and cut to size ensuring the keep position lines up with the lock on the gate.