Our "Prestige" sliding gate range. Combining the strength and durability of deep metal frames with the natural beauty of the finest, hand selected timber infill to create a truly elegant sliding gate, that really does "make an entrance".
Installation? Electric or manual sliding gates - call for details (or see here to book a site visit)
Choose either Iroko (hardwood) - a naturally aesthetically pleasing wood, or Western Red Cedar (softwood) - known for its rich tones and stability (please call for samples). Expertly crafted by hand to any size in the UK. First by our skilled fabricators then to our experienced joiners for infill. Our metal framed gate range is what we are most proud of. Attention to detail both for look and durability is paramount. Sturdy 100mm x 50mm premium bottom rail, 50mm x 50mm framework, smooth welded joints and solid 30mm x 15mm rear bracing bars and stainless steel screws to fix the timber into place. To help prevent the gate from twisting or warping, welded braces are placed throughout the rear of the gate to ensure the cladding is correctly fixed. As timber is a natural product, it is prone to move during the seasons - in fact, a single piece of cladding can swell or contract up to 1.5mm, therefore, unlike others, we predict this movement and all gates are produced with a (non see through) expansion gap allowing the gate to "breathe" without anyone noticing it. The gap is dependant on gate size, and is usually between 5mm and 15mm which runs along the frame, parallel to the cladding width. This ensures stability of the gate without compromising the look.
- Width: from 6ft to a massive 20ft
- Height: from 4ft to 7ft - taken to the highest point of the gate.
- Made to Measure - all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others - there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!).
- As standard, the framework will be finished in black (included in price) with optional finish to choose from for timber. We can also supply the frame in any RAL colour if needed. (See here for colour chart).
Sliding Gate Kit: Complete sliding gate system for either manual or electric sliding gates. Finished in black (other RAL colours available - please call) and supplied with:
Automation: Need some power? We offer a range of electric sliding gate kit's to suit your gate size/ weight. For more info, call our team today.
- 2x Metal Receiving Posts: 4" x 4" (100mm x 100mm) 8ft long (2m 400mm). Both have (2x) pre fabricated gate catches attached. Length of 8ft to allow fitment underground.
- 1 x Support Post: with arm and 2x nylon rollers
- 3x 3m Ground Track
- "U" Rail - 4m (if purchasing without a gate, please call if you prefer this cut to the exact size of gate width).
- Wheels x2
Calculating Driveway Gate Size:
- Take three measurements between existing posts/ pillars - top, middle and bottom (as below).
- Take the largest of the three widths and order this size. We add the additional section of the gate on top of this to allow for the cantilever (usually 800mm).
For further information, please call our sales team direct on 0800 6124 965