Bi Fold Gates, The WiltonThe Wilton Bi Fold Gate is a popular style of gate and made from hardwood Iroko and metal 40mm x 40mm box frame with fitted fleur de lys, metal bars and baskets. The frame will come standard with a black powder coat finish but other options and colours are available.
Our "Prestige" gate range. Combining the strength and durability of deep metal frames with the natural beauty of hand selected timber infill to create a truly elegant gate, that really does "make an entrance".
Being a bi fold in design makes it a great gate for those where the opening space is limited or driveway slopes up. The gates are able to fold back on themselves so only needs a quarter of the width of the gates in its open position.
Working out the required gate size:
To work out the size of the gates take the opening width you have (between pillars/posts) and deduct the following to allow for hinges. This is assuming the gates are to be opening inwards.
3 x leafs minus 85mm from opening size
4 x leafs minus 95mm from opening size
5 x leafs minus 115mm from opening size
6 x leafs minus 130mm from opening size
7 x leafs minus 155mm from opening size
8 x leafs minus 175mm from opening size
The above measurements allow 25mm clearance between the edge of gate and post/pillars, 15mm between 2 leafs attached with a strap hinge and 20mm for the clearance in the middle of the gates (where the two gates close in the middle)
For more information or advice with working out your measurements call us free on 0800 612 4965 and we will be happy to help.
All gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others - there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!)
Selecting Your Posts:
If you require posts we have a number of options for you to choose from. We have carefully selected our posts to enable them to have ground and in ground contact for many years, (15 years on tanalised posts) reassuring you that they will remain strong and secure.
- 2x 3" x 3" Posts: These are tanalised posts (15years) good if you are looking to bolt them onto a wall/pillar
- 2x 4" x 4" Posts: These are tanalised posts (15 years) suitable to be either bolted to existing walls/pillars or concreted into the ground.
- 2x 6" x 6" Posts: These are tanalised posts (15 years) and will hold the largest of gates with the posts being concreted into the ground
- 2x 5" x 5" Black Metal Posts: (25 years galvanised and black powder coated) These look stunning with any of our gates and are to be concreted into the ground.
Constructed using the finest Iroko (hardwood) - a naturally aesthetically pleasing wood. Expertly crafted by hand to any size in the UK. First by our skilled fabricators then to our experienced joiners for infill. Our metal framed gate range is what we are most proud of. Attention to detail both for look and durability is paramount. Sturdy 40mm x 40mm premium frame work, smooth welded joints, solid 30mm x 15mm rear bracing bars and stainless steel screws to fix the timber into place. To help prevent the gate from twisting or warping, welded braces are placed throughout the rear of the gate to ensure the cladding is correctly fixed. As timber is a natural product, it is prone to move during the seasons - in fact, a single piece of cladding can swell or contract up to 1.5mm, therefore, unlike others, we predict this movement and all gates are produced with a (non see through) expansion gap allowing the gate to "breathe" without anyone noticing it. The gap is dependant on gate size, and is usually between 5mm and 15mm which runs along the frame, parallel to the cladding width. This ensures stability of the gate without compromising the look.
Installation? Electric or manual sliding gates - call for details (or see here to book a site visit)
- Width: from 6ft (each side 3ft) to a massive 20ft (each side 10ft)
- Height: from 4ft to 7ft - taken to the highest point of the gate.
- Made to Measure - all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others - there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!).
- Included FREE of charge: 4 x Adjustable Hinges (and Hinge Pins),hinges on all bi fold gates, opening latch and 4 x drop bolts. As standard, the position of the hinge pin will be 6" (150mm) from top and bottom of the gate. If you require these at a different measurement (for example, pins already set in pillars), please call to order.
- As standard, the framework will be finished in black (included in price) with optional finish to choose from for timber. We can also supply the frame in any RAL colour if needed.
- Due to the weight of these gates. We only recommend "below ground" posts for support or install to existing pillars (as long as the pillar is structurally sound).
For further information, please call our sales team direct on 0800 6124 965
We also produce 3/4 Split Driveway Gates, Sliding Gates, Driveway Gates, Garden Gates and Side Gates to match.