The Wooderry wooden entrance gate. Stunning outer bow design with deep frame and thick vertical cladding. Beautiful handcrafted Driveway Gate manufactured by Gates and Fences UK. Using the finest quality materials combined with traditional mortise, tenon & dowel joints, this gate is designed not only to look fantastic but to be extremely durable. Materials used are both FSC sourced or PEFC certified.
- Width: from 6ft (each side 3ft) to a massive 20ft (each side 10ft)
- Height: from 3ft to 7ft - taken to the highest point of the gate
- Made to Measure - all gates online can be purchased to the nearest inch, if you do require a more precise size, please contact us. (Unlike others - there is NO additional cost for bespoke, we simply base price on the next size!). For details on how we construct our gates, please see here.
Finish: Professionally applied. Choice of colours available to compliment your home. Need another colour? We can finish your gate in any RAL colour. See here for colour chart.
Sold in pairs (or individually over the phone). We recommend any gates over 10ft wide (5ft per leaf) to have 6" x 6" posts. All wooden posts are deep treated for "in the ground" protection. As such, they will not match the timber on the gate. They can be stained/ painted to suit.
Available in either galvanised or galvanised and black finish. Heavy duty adjustable gate hinge set which includes hinges, drop bolts, brenton bolt, latch and fixings (for gate only).
We offer both above and below ground automation systems for our wooden driveway gates. We recommend using a FAAC 415 for above ground or BFT SUB R kit for below ground. Both come with UK backed warranties, extremely reliable and packed with safety features. For more advice on electric gates, call our team on 0800 6124 965.
How to Measure:
Calculating the actual width required of a wooden driveway gate is easy...just follow these simple steps below.
- Take three measurements between existing pillars or posts.
- Reduce the LOWEST size by 40mm (or approx 1.5")
- That's it! The size left after the reduction is the gate width required. Online, we offer gate width's to the nearest inch, simply select the closest size (lower) from the drop down menu - or call to order for an exact width.
Please note: If no pillars or posts on there, measure the opening and reduce by 2 x posts. Gates up to 10ft wide should use 100mm x 100mm (4" x 4") posts, over 10ft use 150mm x 150mm (6" x 6") posts.
Download and print PDF Guide on "How to Measure your Gate Width".
Measuring for Automated Gates:
For above ground automation, rear hung on the back of the posts take the smallest measurement and reduce by 50mm (this will give you the actual gate size to order).
For above ground automation, hung in the centre of the posts take the smallest measurement and reduce by 150mm (this will give you the actual gate size to order).
For below ground automation, rear hung on the back of the posts take the smallest measurement and plus 20mm (this will give you the actual gate size to order).
For below ground automation, rear hung in the centre of the posts take the smallest measurement and reduce by 240mm (this will give you the actual gate size to order).
Please note: Images are used to show the style of gate and have been computer generated. A Sample of wood used in construction is available on request. Width advertised is total width of gate. For example, if you select a width of 9ft, you will receive 2 leafs at 4ft 6". Height is taken to the highest point of gate. Rear view design can differ from image shown depending on the width of gate and/ or height.